Here at the North Lincs (Scunthorpe) Breakfast Club we are part of an ever growing network of all Arms Breakfast Clubs who meet once a week or so to chew the fat and enjoy the banter. This was all started by Dereck
Hardman who runs the Barkers Breakfast Club in Hull. We don’t just meet and eat on alternate Saturday of each month at The Royal Hotel in Scunthorpe at 0930, we also help out our fellow veterans who need us and we will continue to provide that help. We can also provide assistance in almost anything you require, what we don’t like is harassment or bullying, that will not be tolerated and if caught you will be removed from the Group. Apart from that we offer friendship and help and advice for those that need it so don’t be shy turn up and join in....if you want to speak to us privately then just PM me and I will endeavor to help or point you in the right direction ...enjoy and hope to see you all soon for breakfast.
Laz Ibbotson ( Founder & CEO of Veterans Families Radio ) is pictured Center wearing the Combat Jacket & Cap
VFRADIO LTD ©
British Armed Forces Veterans Breakfast Clubs
Welcome to the Gainsborough Veterans Breakfast Club. We are a group of veterans & serving members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, & like other Veteran’s Breakfast Clubs around the country, & overseas (click the link http://j.mp/1QxZe82), our ethos is mutual support; it works because we all have a similar humour & outlook, & the social life we now enjoy is like our service days. From August 21st we meet every fortnight on Sunday at 0930 onwards at:-
Tel: 01427 612026
Come & Join Us for Breakfast
Please ' Mute ' this VFRADIO Player if you are listening to other Audio on this page
Radio.co Radio Player
Breakfast Clubs and what they do.
ALL ARMS, VETERANS & SERVING Welcome to the 'Breakfast Clubs'. The Breakfast Clubs are groups of Veterans and serving members of all arms of Her Majesties Armed Forces, who, in short, look out for each other. Self-reliance, wasn’t it always our way?
There are no official national rules or subscriptions; individual Breakfast Clubs make their own decisions.
We meet every weekend, Saturday or Sunday mornings, eat breakfast together, indulge in some good old military banter, some irreverent talk and some black humour. It is much like the best bits of your time when you were serving.
For many of us, this also leads us to meeting socially at other times, with wives and partners, at Regimental Dinners (with our respective associations), for nights out, barbecues, parties and family occasions etc. and we network among the variety of trades the veterans all now work in.
It really works because we all have a similar outlook on life; similar sense of humour and in many respects the social life many of the veterans of the breakfast clubs now enjoy are similar to the days when we served.
We have representatives from Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines... so if you want to come along, join in the banter, as long as you have a uniform service history, or association with such, and can cope with the sense of humour, just turn up on a Saturday or Sunday morning, at one of the breakfast clubs, and you will be made welcome.
To find your nearest Breakfast Club, click the button link below (or copy and paste it into your browser)
All services veterans (If you can cope with the banter), turn up & you will be made welcome.
1) While serving in the Armed Forces, although allowed personal political views, we were not allowed to express them; it also applies here; your politics/religion are your own business.
2) Non-members/former members of any armed forces or uniformed services, or association with such, should be clear & honest about this when applying to join the group.
Those impersonating veterans ('Walts'), be warned; if suspicious, we will not rest until confirmed, & you WILL be exposed, 'outed', blocked & excluded, as this is NOT tolerated by any veteran!
3) Non-veterans are sometimes accepted with the agreement of veterans/serving members, & are welcome to make suggestions, but their status will remain that of a 'guest' when it comes to ‘policy’ of the group. The group is exclusively for veterans & serving personnel of Her Majesty's Armed Forces & her allies; civilians/non-veterans will not be consulted or influence decisions effecting the group. Anyone unhappy with this status may leave.
4) No financial gain is sought by any member, nor will the seeking of such be tolerated for themselves, or any organisation, no matter how 'deserving', without agreement of the group as a whole.
5) BE WARNED; the nature of military service involves 'black humour' resulting in posts which are not 'politically correct'. If you are offended, there are two options open to you:-
Don't read it, or leave.
6) That said, if you find anything overtly offensive, or seriously prejudicial i.e. in your opinion not fitting the spirit of 'black humour', &/or, for example, bullying or demeaning to yourself or another member, it should be brought to the attention of an admin. If you are unsatisfied with their response, there are other admins you can speak to.
7) We will not tolerate the prejudicial treatment of different categories of people on the grounds of race, age, sex, physical or mental illness/disability: bullying or harassment will not be tolerated,
Website created & designed by Tom Mcgreevy VFRADIO LTD© 2014.